We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to become part of the team responsible for managing and maintaining this very popular Holiday Centre with a mixture of static caravans and chalets operating throughout the year.
This is a permanent hands-on position with immediate start and the working days would normally be 5 days per week +/- 40 hrs. As a senior member of the team, some flexibility regarding hours and days of work would be expected.
Any applicant must be available and willing to work during weekends and peak holiday periods and will also be available to provide some evening call out cover on a rota basis.
This position will provide a leading role in the maintenance of the Holiday Centre, working closely with the senior housekeeping staff, reception staff and others to ensure our guests enjoy a memorable holiday experience and want to return year after year.
The company owns and operates other businesses within close proximity and the applicant may be required to assist in any of these businesses as required by senior management/business owners.
The line manager for this position is the Holiday centre general manager/operations director.
- General maintenance and repairs to static caravans and chalets to include basic electrical, plumbing, painting and joinery repairs.
- General repairs to LPG hot water systems and central heating boilers in line with your skills, professional competence and ongoing training.
- General grounds and garden maintenance to include car parks and private roads, footpaths, flower beds and landscaping and grass cutting.
- Maintenance or monitoring of onsite infrastructure to include drainage, water systems, Electrical supplies, LPG Gas supplies.
- Supervise the onsite maintenance team, providing them with guidance and direction where required. Prepare staff rotas based upon the needs of the business and in conjunction with your line manager.
- Update monitor and maintain high standards of health and safety practice within the onsite maintenance team.
Skills and expertise:
- Previous experience within a similar or related industry would be desirable but not necessary.
- Experienced in carrying out general maintenance duties within a commercial business including Basic electrical, plumbing, painting, joinery repairs.
- Experienced in the repair/maintenance of LPG appliances.
- The ability to work well in a team and contribute to team and company objectives.
- Experienced in the safe operation of general grass cutting machinery.
- An awareness of health and safety compliance.
The successful candidate will have:
- A full clean UK driving license.
- The ability to work as a key part of the holiday centre team as well as directly supervising the onsite maintenance team.
- The ability to communicate in an effective and friendly manner with colleagues and our guests.
- The willingness to work at weekends and peak holiday periods and to provide on-call service as required.
- LPG gas safe registration is desirable.
Competitive salary dependant on experience and qualification.
Seasonal Accommodation Checkers / Housekeeping Supervisors
We are currently recruiting for additional Accommodation Supervisors / Checkers who have a keen eye for detail and high-quality expectations in regards to cleaning standards and presentation of accommodation for our guests
Seasonal Position – April starts through to October. Will include working weekends and bank holidays. Hours 20+ per week. Experience is preferred. Full training will be provided.
Main areas of responsibility are;
- Complete accommodation checks to company standard
- Ensure accommodations are ready to let
- Carry out inventory checks
- Address and correct any issues prior to release for let
- Liaise with Housekeeping department and release units for occupancy
You must be able to integrate within our dedicated and customer focused team. Cleaning / Housekeeping experience is not necessarily essential, however, enthusiasm for delivering customer excellence and a high attention to detail is.
We offer in return a good rate of pay, work place pension scheme, paid holiday and a great working environment.